At Flow, our mission is to help the world’s best teams do more and achieve more together. We make it easy for them to seamlessly manage all of their tasks, projects, and timelines in a single tool. While other tools focus on adding features and functionality, we’re focused on building something that’s simple, incredibly fast, and delightful to use. Our customers are the most ambitious organizations in the world — places like Apple, Red Bull, Shopify, TED, and Yale. We work tirelessly to help them work brilliantly.
As we continue scaling, we’re looking for someone to lead all of our iOS development. You’ll oversee every aspect of iOS app(s) including infrastructure, tooling, metrics, and performance. We’ll look to you to make sure we’re always inventing and using the latest technology and tools that iOS has to offer. You’ll be an integral part of our product development process and collaborate closely with our entire team - including our CEO. We're a small team so it's important that the person who fills this role is a self-starter, is comfortable with ambiguity and is able to jump from one project to the next without hesitation.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee multiple streams of concurrent iOS development in a given sprint
- Manage development cycles and frequent updates to iOS applications
- Collaborate with a high-energy, cross-functional team to define, design and ship new features
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the product architecture and frameworks
- Research new technologies, trends, and practices to strengthen our platform
- Drive the process of improving Flow's iOS infrastructure, metrics, and performance
- Team up with our engineers and designers to exchange new ideas and improvements
- Actively engage in building and integrating new product solutions
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 5+ years experience developing iOS applications
- At least 1 year in a lead development role
- Experience with CocoaPods and other major open source iOS projects
- Proven experience with iOS frameworks such as CoreData, CoreGraphics and CoreText
- Proficiency with Objective-C, Swift, Foundation, and Grand Central Dispatch
- Experience with real time data streams and optimizing iOS for performance
- The ability to adjust and adapt during the product development cycle
- An incredible eye for design and strong attention to detail
- Prior experience working on business and productivity tools is a plus
- Based in Canada, Western time zone preferred
When you join Flow, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team that values:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection.
- Generous vacation policy. We offer unlimited vacation and encourage everyone to take at least 3 weeks off per year.
- Education stipend. You’ll have an annual budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
Please note, we're looking for someone based in Canada, preferably in a Western time zone. For questions, please contact Harmonie at firstname.lastname@example.org.