At Flow, our mission is to help the world’s best teams do more and achieve more together. We make it easy for them to seamlessly manage all of their tasks, projects, and timelines in a single tool. While other tools focus on adding features and functionality, we’re focused on building something that’s simple, incredibly fast, and delightful to use. Our customers are the most ambitious organizations in the world — places like Apple, Red Bull, Shopify, TED, and Yale. We work tirelessly to help them work brilliantly.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced technical leader to join our growing team. You’ll be responsible for the entire product development process, playing a multi-faceted role that includes both influencing strategic direction and day-to day full-stack coding. You’ll act as a champion of our engineering processes, spearhead the execution of product roadmaps, and set standards for the usage of our foundational technology. You’ll own both tactical and high level decisions to ensure a balance between long-term growth and speed-to-market objectives. If leading a fast-paced, agile team and solving complex technical problems sounds exciting, then we want to hear from you!
You'll be in charge of:
- Technical development and decision making, including sprint planning, code reviews, data protection, QA and project retros
- Owning metrics that measure team success(KPIs), such as delivery time and team velocity
- Implementing product roadmaps, principles, strategies and tools that balance customer needs with infrastructure and business goals
- Growing and nurturing a small and high-performing engineering team with a strong product-led culture
- Understanding and managing continued improvements to system stability, power, flexibility and efficiency
- Making strategic decisions such as including when to buy vs. build, or change from one technology to another
You must have:
- Leadership experience. You have a strong background as an engineering leader at early to mid stage companies.
- Deep full-stack knowledge. You’re able to fluently move between all areas, including our network and client stacks.
- A stellar sense for estimating projects. You’ve done it “enough” that you can figure out if a timeline is too aggressive or over-engineered.
- User focused thinking. You’re obsessed with the user experience and have an intuition for well crafted products.
- A passion for mentorship. You love developing people and creating an inclusive, collaborative culture where everyone is empowered to do their best work.
- Mastery of communication. You’re able to deliver detailed rationales behind changes and thoughtful feedback on out-of-the-box ideas.
- Chameleon-like adaptability. You’re highly motivated and comfortable with ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in where you’re needed most.
Our tech stack:
- Git & GitHub
- Elixir and/or Ruby
- AWS Services(EC2, EKS, RDS, SNS, ELB, S3, Route53, SQS)
- Cloud-Native tools (Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes)
When you join Flow, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team that values:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- Empowerment to achieve personal and professional goals
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here's a sample of what that includes.
- Work-life balance. Because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend here.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, meaning you can work from wherever you’d like and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is access to a stable internet connection.
- Generous vacation policy. We offer unlimited vacation and encourage everyone to take at least 3 weeks off per year.
- Education stipend. You’ll have an annual budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Health & wellness. We care about the mental & physical health of our team and offer an annual wellness fund, as well as extended health and dental.
Please note, this role is only open to candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you have any questions, please reach out to Harmonie at firstname.lastname@example.org.